WOW THAT WAS SLICK !
Tuesday, January 14, 2020
Tips for walking on snowy, icy, or wet surfaces:
- Wear shoes with good traction.
- Dress warm. You will stay relaxed and pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be careful getting out of cars and leaving/entering buildings.
- Don’t take shortcuts. Stay on cleared sidewalks and paths.
- Take extra time. Don’t rush. Take short steps to maintain a stable base of support.
- Stay aware of the surfaces ahead of you.
- When walking in dark or shady areas, stay alert for black ice. It is extremely slippery.
- Keep your hands free and out of your pockets. Take more than one trip if necessary. If you have to carrying stuff put it in a bag/backpack.